This document defines the policies and practices that Smarttravels.ae uses to protect your personal information. Our goal is to protect all the information that you provide us whenever you contact us or use this web site (“Smarttravels”). By visiting or using the Site, you are agreeing to these terms & conditions:
What information do we collect?
We receive and store every information that you enter on our Site or give us by telephone, e-mail, fax, or in any other form. This includes information that can identify you, including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, and, in some cases, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date), (personal information). We also may request information about your traveler preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; complete a traveler profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions.
When you book travel and other arrangements for someone else through Smarttravels, we will ask for the personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Smarttravels with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically collect information about you from our business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information which we use to update our records and to facilitate proper delivery of travel information; and statistical information that helps us understand your potential purchasing preferences.
We automatically save some information about your computer when you visit the Site. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity. Our aim behind collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Information Collected by Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use Your Information
With whom we share your information?
Smarttravels may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, cruise, or car rental companies, or activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout Smarttravels, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfill the travel reservation you have made through Smarttravels, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through Smarttravels. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your travel reservation.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, include credit card processing, customer service, marketing, and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information which is required to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can identify when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you to evaluate their practices before providing them your personal information.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection and right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Smarttravels, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or what are the most popular vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
What are your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information?
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make travel purchases or to take advantage of certain features offered on Smarttravels.
- You also can add or update information on the Member pages or close your account as you choose.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Smarttravels, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information?
We want you to feel confident about using Smarttravels to plan and purchase your travel, as we are committed to protect the information we collect. While no Website can guarantee security, we have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Smarttravels does not sell travel or other services for purchase by children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
How You Can Contact Us